Friday, October 15, 2010

October 14 (Day 3)



Again... Not really day 3. Sorry.

So today's post is "A picture of you now and a picture of you two years ago. What has changed?"

Well for one, I no longer look like I'm ten (yes I was 15 in that picture). The second picture was taken over the spring break vacation of my 9th grade year. The first was just a few months ago. Not much in the ways of appearance have changed. I still have blue eyes. I still have that long dirty blonde hair. Still have freckles, and that squinty grin going on. It's the things you can't see that have really changed, my interests, responsibilities, and priorities being some of the most prominent. Back then the biggest of my worries were the ever approaching start of high school, fitting in, and getting my learners permit. Today I wish that were all I had to worry about. I never dreamed that such things as “the ballroom team”, “the boyfriend”, and “the drama” would take me on the high school crash course of a lifetime. However strenuous and confusing that path was, I did conquer the fears of my 15 year old self. I did in fact live through my sophomore (and junior) years. I don’t really care about pleasing most of my peers, because often times we have very different priorities and standards. And yes, I did get my learners permit and driver’s license. Today I worry about college. Today I think about a career. Today I’m a totally different girl. A part of me will always be the timid teenager in that photo. And a part of me will continue to learn and grow with the ever quickening pace of my life, wherever it may take me.

No comments: