Tuesday, November 2, 2010

October 28 (Day 17)

What, in your opinion is one of the biggest wastes of time in your life?
Easy. I'm there right now. My TV Video class is a joke. Good thing I'm transferring out. Let's talk about what I do on an average day in this class. On most days I walk into a dark classroom to seat myself at the back of the class at a computer, at which time I immediately log onto my account and check my blog, email, and grades for the next 20 minutes while the instructor graces us with a roll call and a discussion about our imminent futures. "Go to class. Get good grades. Go to college. I didn't, but you have to." It's very invigorating. The next half an hour or so is spent (still in the dark) watching videos his past students have made with inspiring messages concerning things like, relationships, snowboarding, and cleanliness of lunch tables. At this point I can actually feel my IQ dropping, and just in time the lights come on and the teacher gives us a camera, a few more words and directions, and releases us into the school to do as we wish just as long as we get it on tape. Then, as directed, we mindlessly wander the halls looking for something of interest to turn into a video with a story line, and a good ending. I have learned a few things about editing with his mac program, but other than that........ nothing..... anyways. I have to go now since my 20 minutes of blog checking is up. Video watching phase is about to begin and heaven forbid I miss the most exciting part of my whole day.

No comments: