Monday, December 27, 2010

The Best Christmas Present EVER

So Santa brought be a new Bernina sewing machine for Christmas. I cried. A little. I was really happy. So today I thought I'd put it, and my spare time, to good use. I'd bought a pattern and cut it out months ago anticipating some free time in the near future. And so it sat.... and sat.... and sat.... Until today! I pulled it out and started my first project on my new machine. Despite the pattern's professed "easiness", I found myself stumped more than once. Nothing some extra help and persistence can't fix. So I asked Mom for a little help now and again. And I finished!

Here are a few pics. (Sorry. Not the best quality but I was using my camera phone)

This is the print I used.

The finished product!

How I'll be wearing it.

These are two simple fabric flowers made out of the same fabric as the dress. They can be pinned on the dress, cardigan, or even to a headband.



No comments: