Saturday, March 21, 2009

Looking Forward

I had a nice week of somewhat relief. We just attended our last competition this past weekend as a team, and it will be the last one that I compete in this season. With tour canceled, we have time and money to spend on a more.......grand...... end of year concert. Our coaches have planned 3 new numbers to have choreographed and perfected by may. one is a hip hop/latin (probably cha cha) number, a lindie, and a Cabaret number. we auditioned for the cabaret number on wednesday and happily, my partner and I are one of the six couples who made it. we were all reminded however that, if at any time, anyone else was doing better at the part than us, then we would be quickly replaced. so as of now, i'm in, but i have to work hard to stay in. :)
I also talked to my cotton eye joe partner this week and we are going to compete individually next year. we will probably be dancing the "Open Latin Pre-Champ and Champ Events". SCARY! this means we will be competing in costume against couples our age who have been dancing a lot longer than we have. We are getting a choreographer and I am going to start attending a studio to become the latin dancer that I most certainly am NOT! But it will all be good. hopefully we'll be competing every chance that we get.
You are all invitedto the end of year cocert. it's on May 7 in the evening. I will get place and time to you later.
So yeah...

:)

No comments: